Planning your dream elopement does not have to be stressful, but there are several things you will need to consider when planning this extraordinary day. The biggest misconception is that elopements are spur-of-the-moment, not planned, and super cheap little ceremonies. While it certainly CAN be like that, this is not the case for most elopements these days. It is not a whole lot different from planning a big wedding. The big difference is you are planning a day centered entirely around you and your love, not centered around a bunch of guests. This is what makes planning an elopement so fun! You really can make it whatever you want it to be. Whatever is the most meaningful to you and your story.
DayDream & Brainstorm
Ask yourself these questions:
- What does a perfect day look like to us?
- What kinds of activities would we like to do?
- What places would we want to visit?
- What kind of food would we like to eat?
- Do we want to include any close friends or family?
- Do we want to include pets or other animals?
Start looking at Vendors
Here are the different Vendors you will want to consider:
- Hair & Makeup
- Vow Books
Legalities to Consider
- Will you need permits?
- Do you need an officiant where you’d like to get married, or can you marry yourselves (self-solomize)?
- Are animals/pets allowed in the location?
- Don’t forget about a marriage license!!
Next? Make some decisions and get them BOOKED!
Keep in mind that many Vendors will need quite a bit of notice as they can book up pretty far in advance. This is especially true for Photographers and Locations!! Many Elopement photographers will also help you plan your elopement and find suitable locations, so I highly suggest securing a good photographer as a first step! Make sure it is someone who truly understands your vision and will do what it takes to help you achieve the most amazing day. Also, be sure to choose someone who aligns with your values and what is important to you, such as Leave No Trace or other causes that you are passionate about. Check out these tips on What to ask your Elopement Photographer.
There you have it! Hope this quick guide helps you get a good start on planning the Elopement of your dreams!!
Share this story